- Following the installation steps described in the Installing Peranso section, you will see this message on your PC, at the bottom of your Edge browser:
This is an indication that Windows Defender erroneously believes there's a virus in the Peranso installer file.
- Locate the Help field in your Windows Task Bar, in the lower left corner of your screen and type 'Windows Security'.
- A Best match screen pops up (see picture above), showing the Windows Security app at the top.
- Click on the Windows Security app. When it opens, select Virus & threat protection. It brings up following screen:
- Locate the section Virus & threat protection settings. Click on Manage settings to display the below screen:
- Turn the Real-time protection off. A blue warning box pops up asking "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". Click Yes.
You will see a warning that "Real-time protection is off, leaving your device vulnerable". Don't worry, we will turn it on again when done.
- Go back to the Peranso website Download page and re-start your download. You will see the same message from Step 1 appear at the bottom of your Edge browser:
- Click the ... dots. Click Keep, which brings up the below screen. Select Show more
- Then select Keep anyway.
- Microsoft Edge will now proceed with the download and open its Downloads page. The top entry shows the PeransoSetup.exe file. Click on this file and proceed to Step 3.
- Microsoft Defender SmartScreen will pop up reporting that Windows protected your PC. Click on More info.
- Then click Run anyway
- Peranso will now be installed following the steps explained in the Installing Peranso section.
- As a final step, we have to turn the Real-time protection from Step 1f) on again.
Report your virus detection to us at email@example.com. Tell us which anti-virus software you are using, your operating system, browser software, and the name of the reported virus. We will then contact the anti-virus software producer and ask them to whitelist Peranso in their next update of their anti-virus library. We have done this successfully before. This will avoid that Peranso is incorrectly flagged in the future to other users.